Hello Guys, today i am going to talk about very delicious dish Hamburger gravy recipe.
“This is so easy and delicious! We have enjoyed hamburger gravy in our family for years.”
so lets start hamburger gravy and make it in 15 minutes and two steps are all you need to prepare this flavorful beef gravy that adds instant zing to almost anything!
Hamburger gravy Ingredients are-
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (80/20 to 85/15)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 cans (10 1/2 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon gravy browning sauce (such as Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet)
Hamburger gravy recipe directions-
- Preheat the oven 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, celery, green pepper, onion, garlic salt, ground pepper, eggs, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix the ingredients thoroughly. Form the ground beef mixture into patties (about 6 to 6 1/2 ounces each) and then dust them with flour.
- Arrange the hamburger steaks in a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Pour the condensed soup in a saucepan and add browning sauce, if desired. Mix well and heat until it begins to simmer.
- Pour mushroom soup over the steaks. Bake about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the beef is thoroughly cooked.
According to the USDA, the minimum safe temperature for ground beef is 160 F (ground poultry is 165 F).
- Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat and sprinkle flour over cooked hamburger. Stir until evenly coated and all fat is absorbed.
- Place skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 of milk and stir until gravy begins to thicken. Add remaining milk until desired consistency has been reached and gravy comes to a boil. Season with salt, pepper and onion salt.
- Serve over mashed or boiled potatoes, toast or biscuits. Add fresh chopped onion if desired.
Hamburger recipe Nutrition Information-
Amount Per Serving
Tips and Variations-
- Mushroom Gravy: In a medium saucepan, saute 4 to 6 ounces of sliced mushrooms about 2 tablespoons of butter until golden brown. Add the cream of mushroom soup and gravy browning sauce, if using. Heat and serve over the baked hamburger steaks.
- Ground beef loses roughly 25 percent of its weight—fat, and moisture—when cooked. Each 6 1/2-ounce raw patty should yield a 5-ounce cooked patty.
1 Basic Onion-Tomato Gravy
2 Brown Onion Gravy
3 Palak Gravy
4 Goan Curry
6 Basic White Gravy
* Feel free to add in grated onions to the beef mixture and well as saute some mushrooms with the onions